YOU'RE WELCOME JOIN THE AFRICAN WRITERS

Friday 12 May 2017

COMPLICATION'S

Hey baby! I have wanted to call you, but I don’t know of a better way to communicate this to you on phone. I’m pregnant as shown in the test result I got from the clinic this afternoon. I am scared and confused. Please get back to me as soon as possible.”

Immediately after reading the last line of her text, I was frozen. My heart stopped for a moment and it continued vibrating the next minute. I have never received this kind of text message in my entire life. I didn’t only feel like a failure, I was also disappointed in myself.

“This is not the right time,” I whispered to myself.

I am the youngest person in my family and every of my older siblings is yet to be married. How could I have possibly been so careless at this delicate moment of my life? I will be writing my final exams in a few months time, which implies that I will be graduating thereafter. I tried to think of the situation, but all I could see was the night we spent together – the Fifty Shades of Grey kind of a night. We had it in the best way, and the totality of our body sunk into the dark night. “Skin to skin” and without any precautions whatsoever.

I didn’t reply her message since my plans had already changed. I knew what I was going to do. I was going to reject and deny the pregnancy. Let the worst come to be. More messages and missed calls, all unattended to. She eventually stopped texting neither did she call afterward. I thought that was all. Probably, in my thoughts, she must have aborted the pregnancy.



Barely a month later, while I was in my room reading for my final examination, I heard a bang on the gate. This wasn’t unusual as I thought it was my sister. She does that whenever she feels really pressed. I hurried to the gate expecting to see my sister’s face, rather it was Dolapo and her Mom. Already, I knew there was trouble.

“Is he the one?” Dolapo’s Mom asked her aggressively.

“Yes,” she responded in a tone almost nearing a whisper.

“What are you talking about,” I shouted out loud showing some annoyance on my face.

Now, the argument was getting louder and my mother came out to see what was going on.

Dolapo’s mom instantly confronted my mother and explained to her what happened and informed her that Dupe was already three months pregnant. My mom asked me if I was responsible for the pregnancy. I denied without any hesitation. Eventually, my mom was forced to believe me and she lent her support. I realised she saw me as one of the coolest and most reserved of her children. She must have had other reasons to believe my words though. The whole case eventually died down and I thought that was all.

Many years later, I had raised my own family. My last son was just a carbon copy of me. On one fateful day, we were all in the house watching a movie, when, all of a sudden, we heard a knock on the gate. It was a lady and her daughter. On sighting the woman, I felt guilty and thought of my Dupe of many years ago. She has now returned to destroy my family. This time around she had brought our daughter who is pregnant with my son. At that moment I knew I have lost peace in my family. I am now a victim of the secret I thought was buried in the past. It was complete disaster afterward

20 comments:

  1. Wow good for you hope, we girls learn our lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serves him right

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not even know the way I stopped up here, however I thought this put up was
    once good. I don't understand who you are but certainly you are going to a well-known blogger should you are not already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When i saw it for the first time. I could feel that special feeling in my clit again and i touched it while i
    was sucking him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the
    same topics? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes at
      Jollofnigerian.com
      But we'd genuinely appreciate you if you could reveal your identity

      Delete
  6. Whats up are using Wordpress for your blog platform?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set
    up my own. Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not wordpress but a classic theme, WordPress is expensive

      You can contact me directly
      At

      Akinlilkyns@gmail.com
      Or afristorys@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. I dugg some of you post as I cogitated they were very helpful handy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well
    conceive this is a very good website.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there and thank you for your info - I have certainly picked up something
    new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this
    website, since I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could
    get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web
    hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and
    could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords.
    Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content.
    Ensure that you update this again very soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much sir/ma or whoever you're

      We really appreciate

      Delete
  10. That is a great tip particularly to those fresh
    to the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate information...

    Thank you for sharing this one. A must read article!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible points. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. Great job. I did not expect this. This is a impressive story.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The comic strip is attractive, your authored material
    stylish. however, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish
    be delivering the following. sick surely
    come more earlier once more since precisely the same just
    about a lot continuously inside of case you defend this increase.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I truly love your website.. Very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as
    I'm looking to create my very own blog and would like to find out where you got this from or what the theme
    is named. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your opinion